Friday, May 11, 2007

Cover Letter

Research Associate Recruiting
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
Economic Research
101 Market Street, MS 1130
San Francisco, CA 94105



Dear Hiring Manager,

I would like to express my interest in the position of Research Associate I with the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco. As a long time resident of California and as a student of economics and finance, I have always respected and admired the work the Fed has achieved in serving and improving the economic livelihood of not only the 12th District, but of the nation as well. The contributions by the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco to US monetary policy, education, community development and economic research have been innovative and ground-breaking, leaving a lasting impression felt throughout the financial world. During my tenure as a student of economics at the University of California in Riverside, I spoke with Professors and advisors who taught me to realize and respect the professionalism and satisfaction that embody working for a government agency such as a Federal Reserve Bank. I am confident that the Federal Reserve Bank’s values and core objectives would complement my own strengths and enthusiasms towards economic policy.

I would like to be considered for the position of Research Associate I or any other open positions for that matter, that require refined analytical and communication skills. I am a recent college graduate looking to relocate to the San Francisco/Silicon Valley area. The Fed’s proven track record of excellence and integrity coupled with their innovative and exciting approach to US Monetary policy has convinced me that they are the ideal employer for whom to begin my career with. My educational background in economics, with an emphasis in finance, combined with my prior work experience at Bank of America has provided a solid foundation for a career in banking and research analysis. As a student of economics myself, I appreciate and understand the role the Federal Reserve occupies in the United States economy. I possess a solid understanding of US Monetary policy and am looking for a career to apply that knowledge to. An employer such as the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco would be an ideal median to build upon and refine my skills in economics as well as provide comprehensive hands on training to highlight my potential and strengthen the contributions I would make as a Research Associate for the Bank.

Please review the enclosed resume and consider my application for the position of Research Associate I. I would also appreciate the opportunity to come to San Francisco to meet with you and experience the bank’s environment first hand as well as possible job opportunities at the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco. I will send another email next week to follow up and discuss these possibilities. I look forward to exchanging ideas with you concerning a career at the Federal Reserve Bank and the positive contributions I would offer as a member of you established organization. Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Jeremiah C. Eusebio

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home